Breakthrough Launch 2019
1. Start with the simplest funnel possible.
The right emails, just the right length, with the right subject lines — to drive results like these…
2. Add launch amplifiers to boost revenue.
We’ll show you the specific levers to add 53% extra revenue to your launch — every time.
3. Then turn your winning launch into a system.
So you can produce predictable revenue, day in and day out.
This is the Breakthrough Launch system.
How to run a successful launch by focusing on the Big Wins:
- You have something valuable the world wants to hear (most important)
- You choose a simple launch (don’t overcomplicate it — this is hard to internalize)
- You get the key things right: the structure of the launch, the copy, the timing
- Then you add on launch amplifiers that let you dramatically boost your revenue (and make your customers even happier)
- You take it the final step and automate the launch, so you can continue generating revenue automatically
Here are the 3 “Launch Myths” you need to drop ASAP…
Launch Myth #1: “I need a huge list”
This myth is by far the most challenging to overcome because it’s half-true.
Yes, you need a bigger list, and you prioritize your list growth. If you’re pitching your $99 product to your list of 50 people, even the world’s greatest funnel won’t bring home a life-changing amount of revenue. Sorry.
But list size is just one
variable in the success of a launch. You also need to consider price point and conversion rate.
Here’s a simple formula for calculating how much money you might make from a launch:
Launch Myth #2: “I need Facebook ads!” “I need webinars! “I need INSERT YOUR FAVORITE TACTIC HERE”
I have good news!
You don’t need Facebook ads for a successful launch.
You don’t need live webinars, automated webinars, webinar replays, or even webinars at all.
You don’t need complicated segmentation, videos, automation, affiliates, social media, or any of the other 1,001 time-sucking, low-return tactics most people focus on.
Bottom line, you don’t need to run a complicated launch.
My business runs on a 7-Figure Launch Machine. If you look under the hood, you’ll see all of our launches start with a basic funnel — using a simple, proven formula. (I’ll give you mine lower on this page.)
Then we add launch amplifiers that are proven to consistently boost your revenue without sucking up all our time.
YOU can and should decide how complicated — or simple — your launch should be.
I can’t tell you how much relief I felt when I finally internalized this idea. It was like setting down a huge boulder that I didn’t even know I had been carrying for years.
Launch Myth #3: “Launches take so much time!”
In the past, my team and I used to spend MONTHS on a single launch.
During that time, we’d be slogging through long days, nights, weekends … and end up burned out by the end of the launch.
After I launched my Earn1K on the Side program for the first time, a $600,000 launch, I was so exhausted I couldn’t get out of bed for months. That burnout was hard even though the launch was a success. (When your launch is a flop, the burnout is even worse.)
As we were struggling to crack the code on launches, my team and I actually doubled down. We tried spending MORE time on every launch.
We thought that would prevent the occasional flop, but it never did. It seemed like the amount of time we put into each launch wasn’t correlated with how much money the launch made.
It wasn’t until we started working smarter, not harder, that we uncovered the real levers that drive launch success. Once we found those, we were able to reliably ship winning launches with a fraction of the effort we were using before.
When you know what truly matters in a launch, you can stop wasting so much time (and effort and money) on everything else that doesn’t matter. Music to my ears!
Cracking the code on profitable launches
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve run over 100 launches.
We’ve run all kinds of launches…
- Launches that were 3 days long, 1 week long, 2 weeks long, even 3 … 4 … 5+ weeks long
- Launches built around organic traffic, paid traffic, affiliate traffic, social traffic
- Launches for $4.95 e-books up to $12,000 masterminds
- Launches for online courses, conferences, books, communities, apps, and high-end retreats
- Launches across a variety of industries, from entrepreneurship and personal finance to careers and productivity (and social skills … and food … and psychology … and on and on…)
- Launches with every tactic we could test: tripwires, mini-courses, segmentation, downsells, contests, webinars, meetups, fast action bonuses … you name it.
Each one of those launches taught us a lot. On each one we’d test something new — a new sales lever, a new launch tactic, a new internal process.
Over 100 launches, the breakthroughs start to stack up quickly.
Let me show you a few of the highlights along the way…
How Breakthrough Launch works
To create the material in Breakthrough Launch, we dissected every step in our launch process. We looked at all of the launches we’ve created over the years — over 100 in all — to discover the driving strategies and the subtle insights that create a profitable launch.
We conducted deep analyses of some of our best and most original launches. (Those funnels — and our analyses — are included in Breakthrough Launch.)
And finally, we pulled together every internal tool and benchmark our team uses to create and launch winning funnel after winning funnel.
Designing Your Breakthrough Launch
What you’ll learn
- An insider tour of a $3,000,000 launch. Feel what it’s like to run a hit launch
- Your 3 primary levers to drive launch results — get these right and you can ignore the endless minutiae most people obsess over
- 4 types of scarcity that can boost your launch results by 300%
- Benchmark launch conversion rates (how does your launch compare?)
- A detailed walkthrough of the 7-Point Launch Plan we use to simplify and streamline every launch
- The quick 2-question checklist you should use on every funnel outline you create
- 4 “common truths” about launches that we outright ignore (plus 3 new beliefs that will change the way you think about launches forever)
- How to identify any potential objection a reader might have
- How long should your funnel be? Get our guidelines for when to use a 1-, 2-, or 3-week funnel
- The fast way to outline your funnel
Crafting Your Breakthrough Launch Funnel
What you’ll learn
- The “Disneyland Secret” to creating captivating launches
- Our Experience Mapping Technique for getting in our readers’ heads
- How to preemptively short-circuit reader objections (this feels like magic if you do it right)
- The 2 types of email openers that kick off 90% of our emails
- The #1 most important thing to do in any pitch (getting this right will instantly bump up your sales)
- When (and how) to add jokes and personality to your emails
- Our Launch Funnel Checklist for making sure every funnel is complete and compelling
- Why most case studies flop — and the advanced steps we take to make sure ours hit home
- Our 3-Point Close Formula for driving massive “last day” sales
- The “Painterly Approach” to crafting hit emails
Adding Your Launch Amplifiers
What you’ll learn
- How should you segment your list during a launch to optimize revenue?
- See our behind-the-scenes numbers on upsells, payment plans, and tiers
- How much time should you spend on social media during a launch?
- Our recommendations on how to use challenges, tripwires, and contests during launches
- How to automatically add 5-10% extra revenue to every launch — after your launch is over
- Script: How to ask a business owner if they’re interested in an affiliate launch
- Advanced tips on managing successful affiliate launch programs
- Our advice on how and when to use bundles
- The exact launch amplifiers that will boost your launch revenue by over 50% — every time
- How to sell in a webinar without coming across as sleazy
Executing Your Breakthrough Launch
What you’ll learn
- The types of email replies that tell you if your launch is working or not
- The critical email metrics to track — with benchmarks for each
- What to do when your launch flops
- The 4 roadblocks behind most failed launches — and what to do about each
- 5 questions we ask in every post-launch debrief
- How to grow your business with launches — without burning out
- The 3 critical components in a successful automated “evergreen” funnel
- How often to launch to your list
- The 3 biggest wins for long-term business growth
That’s not all of the launch insights, shortcuts, and levers you’ll get in Breakthrough Launch.
We’ve packed the course with SPECIFIC and TACTICAL recommendations for all of the most common, most troublesome, and more profitable situations you’ll run into.
Full Access: The Breakthrough Launch Vault
Every Breakthrough Launch module comes with an accompanying private vault, packed with advanced funnel teardowns, detailed case studies, our internal templates, worksheets, webinar decks, and more.
You won’t find this material anywhere else.
Case Study #1: How to Add Urgency to an “Always Open” Product
Scarcity is one of the most powerful tools you can add to any launch. But what do you do when your product is “always open”?
Watch me dig deep into this challenge as I tear down one student’s “always open” funnel. Get our 28 minute interview and a copy of his full launch funnel.
The GL Launch Funnel Checklist
How do you know if your funnel is good enough?
This is the checklist we use internally to make sure everything is buttoned up and ready to go. Don’t worry, don’t guess – just use the checklist.
Plug-and-Play Launch Templates: Quick Launch, Standard Launch, and Breakthrough Launch
This is the heart of the Breakthrough Launch system – our 3 launch templates for quickly and confidently planning winning launches.
3 Uncensored Funnel Narrative Brainstorms
Every time we create a new launch funnel, we start with a big brainstorm of potential funnel narratives. These are BIG IDEAS that could tie everything together.
See our full collection of narrative ideas for three of our products: Find Your Dream Job, Call to Action and Advanced Connector’s Package. This raw, unedited collection shows you everything: the good ideas, the bad ideas, and the hidden golden nuggets.
Case Study #2: How to Compete with Bigger, More “Professional” Institutions
What do you do if your small (even tiny) business has to compete against massive, established businesses?
Watch as I help one student improve his funnel to boost his credibility and compete with big competitors. You’ll get the full 29 minute, deep dive interview and a complete copy of his launch funnel.
8 Proven Email Archetypes
I could run a million dollar launch with only these 8 emails. In fact, I have. And so can you.
See proven examples of all 8 email archetypes, taken from our very own launches. Use them as inspiration for writing your own hit emails.
Email Before & After
This is an email we wrote for the original launch of How to Talk to Anybody, our social skills product. One of our writers drafted this email for my review, and as you’ll see, I made some small (but significant) edits to improve it.
End result: The 1 week funnel went on to make $721,441. This email alone brought in several hundred thousand dollars.
Find Your Dream Job Webinar Slides and Earn1K Webinar Recording
Get our complete webinar slides for one of our Find Your Dream Job webinars. And the full recording of one of our proven Earn1K webinars. These $1k and $2k products have each generated millions of dollars in revenue…even years after their first release.
There’s no better way to learn about webinars than going behind-the-scenes of some finely tuned, highly profitable webinars.
Webinar Toolbox: Our Proven Slide Template, Webinar Checklist, and Email Scripts
There’s no need to build your webinars and all the interlocking pieces from scratch.
Use the templates, checklists and scripts in our Webinar Toolbox to save yourself time and trouble.
Launch Amplifier Implementation Guide #1
Breakthrough Launch details 5 different Launch Amplifiers that can add 53% extra revenue to your launch – every time.
This nuts-and-bolt guide walks you through how we recommend implementing the first 3 Launch Amplifiers.
Launch Amplifier Implementation Guide #2
Boost your revenue by another 5-10% every time – even after your launch is over.
This bonus gives you word-for-word email scripts you can use in your own launches to immediately boost your sales.
Case Study #3: How Do You Stand Out When You’re In a Low-Price, Low-Trust Niche?
What do you do if you’re in an industry crammed with low-quality, low-priced, over-hyped products – like fitness?
Watch me walk one student through this common challenge. You’ll get the full 25 minute video and his complete email funnel, which we teardown in the video.
Template: How to Run a Launch Post-Mortem
Adding a post-mortem to your launch process will help ensure that every launch you run gets better than the last.
This is a real launch post-mortem we conducted for the launch of one of our courses. We’ve also included a blank Launch Post Mortem template. Use this for your next product launch!
Script: Deep-Dive Customer Insight Surveys
Understanding why people buy or don’t buy is critically important for your future launches. Every insight you gain will help you improve your product and sales messaging.
In this bonus, we give you the exact scripts and questions we use to survey our buyers and non-buyers. Ready to use in your business.
Swipe Funnel #1: Zero to Launch
This $2,000 start-your-own-business course is the flagship product in our catalog. This funnel – written for the 8th launch of this product – brought in $3,095,158.
In the course, we’ll walk you through this funnel and show you what it’s like to run a blockbuster launch. And we’ve included a full copy of the funnel – with every email we used – in our swipe library for you.
Swipe Funnel #2: Teach Yourself Anything
The funnel for this $299 rapid skill acquisition course brought in an easy 6-figures in just a few days. And it did it without a webinar, without a hard sell, without any spammy gimmicks at all. Just simple emails following our Breakthrough Launch formula.
We’ll give you the entire funnel – and our post-launch analysis.
Swipe Funnel #3: How to Win the Game of Advanced Personal Finance
How can you run a hit launch when you’re selling a niche product on a dry topic? Our $499 advanced personal finance funnel brought in over half-a-million dollars with just a few emails.
Get the full funnel and our breakdown of how it worked.
Swipe Funnel #4: Earn1K on the Side
One of the great things about our Breakthrough Launch formula is that, since you don’t have to worry about the nuts-and-bolts of your funnels anymore – you can be more creative if you decide to.
In this launch for our $1,000 freelancing course, we included a fun contest. See how this new element fits into the Breakthrough Launch template taught in the course.
Swipe Funnel #5: Double Engine Growth
How do you write a funnel for a high-end product? Study our funnel for our $6,000 advanced business strategy course – which comes with our post-launch analysis.
Swipe Funnel #6: Forefront
Forefront was a $500 experiential event we hosted in NYC. See how we sold out that event with this complete copy of our Forefront funnel (with analysis).
Swipe Funnel #7: Ready Set Evergreen
In the Breakthrough Launch course, we also talk about launches that failed – and what to do when that happens to you.
Here is one of those launches, so you can study both the flops and home runs.
Swipe Funnel #8: Call to Action
Breakthrough Launch gives you our proven Launch Amplifiers for adding 53% extra revenue to your launches – plus the key levers that drive launch success.
See all of those in action in this condensed, one-week funnel for our $997 copywriting course.
Breakthrough Launch is for you if…
- You already have a business AND a product and you’re ready to start running profitable launches.
- You’re patient, deliberate, and methodical. You’re committed to spending the time to build a successful launch, and you know this will not happen overnight. You know that if you put in the heavy lifting upfront, you can enjoy the rewards for years to come.
- You’re looking for a SYSTEM, not random tactics or sleazy sales tricks.
- You’re emotionally stable enough to weather the “ups and downs” of running launches.