[Download Now] Chris Do – Typography 01
PLEASE REFER TO OUR PROOF : WATCH HERE!
Get lifetime access to over six hours of content to watch where and when you want it.
Trusted by designers around the world. Join them today and be a part of thefutur community.
Go through a curriculum made for self-paced learner with bitesize, efficient videos and practices.
What you will learn
01. Repetition & Contrast
The backbone of typography. You will learn how to achieve clarity, visual interest and draw in your viewer through these two principles.
Demystify typography by breaking it down to its basics. You will look at master works of design through the lens of various grid systems.
03. Typographic Details
Take a deep dive into the history of typography starting with ancient Greek and Roman lettering through modern day digital typesetting.
04. Layout and Application
Now that you know the rules, see them come to fruition as Chris walks a student through several design assignments and demos.
Typography 01 is for you.
Stand out among your peers and give your portfolio the extra edge it needs. Learn from one of design’s current industry leaders and get a peek into the workforce that awaits you.
Bring your business to the next level by fine tuning your skills. Your rates will soar and your client list will grow. Whether you’re a freelancer or small business owner, continuing your education is always worth it.
Give your students an advantage by opening them up to one of design’s biggest names. As supplemental content, Typograpy 01 will put your classes over the top.
Say goodbye to that feeling when you know something isn’t working, but you can’t quite say why. Mastering typography will give you the language necessary to critique with detail that will push your team’s work to a higher plane.
The best graphic designers start with type.
How can you improve your typography? This course is focused on functional type as opposed to expressive type. Get better with using type now. Stop struggling with type. Learn how to use type in this ongoing typography course. In module 1, the focus is on achieving clarity, visual interest, and drawing the viewer in through the use of repetition and contrast. Subsequent modules will focus on grid construction and usage, the history of typography from the ancient Greek and Romans through modern day digital typesetting, and the application of rules to modern design problems.
We help you get there with a systematic curriculum and in-depth training.
Course – Watch entertaining and informative lectures.
Practice – Complete the 7-week self-study and homework assignments.
Reading – Supplement your education with our list of recommended sources.
Library – Get instant access to our downloadable file archive and other exclusive materials.
Repetition and Contrast
- Introduction & History (8:19)
- Fundamentals (2:37)
- Skip Weights (1:27)
- Change Hue (2:11)
- Mix Cases (2:57)
- Point Sizes (2:15)
- Mix It Up (4:25)
- Pairing Fonts (2:48)
- Cut It Out (11:13)
- Thinking With Type (3:05)
- Student Work (2:53)
- Demo (14:36)
- References (2:09)
- QA (12:49)
- Introduction (4:39)
- Jan Tschichold (10:39)
- J. Muller-Brockmann (11:09)
- Terminology (1:08)
- Grid Construction (19:57)
- Sigfried Odermatt-Rosmarie Tissi (5:00)
- Grid Overlays, Part 2 (5:28)
- Recap References (6:48)
- BONUS Drawing Root Grid pt. 1 (8:17)
- BONUS Drawing Root Grid pt. 2 (4:20)
- BONUS Josef Müller-Brockmann Musica Viva grid construction and overlay PDF
Homework Assignment (7 week self-study) *NEW*
- Typography Assignment 01 (6:45)
- Preparing to Design (1:57)
- Demo A (17:38)
- Demo B (18:25)
- Recap of Work (0:45)
Bonus: Extra Assignment *NEW*
- Self Critique (4:26)
- Type Specimen Sheet (6:10)
Bonus Content: Helvetica Typography Critique
- Helvetica Typography Critique pt. 1 (20:19)
- Helvetica Typography Critique pt. 2 (20:28)
- Helvetica Typography Critique pt. 3 (19:09)rt
- Helvetica Typography Critique pt. 4 (18:56)
- Helvetica History Bonus Content PDF
Layout and Application *NEW*
- Submission_A (39:30)
- Submission_B (17:29)
- Submission_C (6:09)
Bonus Content: Website Design Review
- Web Design Review Introduction (5:25)
- Web Design Review Typography (24:53)
- Web Design Review Images (14:27)
- Web Design Review: Below The Fold (16:41)
Bonus Content: AI Shortcuts
- AI Shortcuts Pt. 1 (19:25)
- AI Shortcuts Pt. 2 (19:05)
- AI Shortcuts Pt. 3 (32:53)