BODY DYSMORPHIA: THE HIDDEN DISORDER – ELIZABETH DUPONT SPENCER & KIMBERLY MORROW
Body Dysmorphia is devastating! Up to 80% of people affected by BDD consider suicide, so it’s imperative that you are equipped to help. You may have a client suffering from this disorder, and not even know.
Discover why BDD is called the hidden disorder and the strategies you need to uncover the symptoms masking BDD.
Join anxiety experts, Kimberly Morrow, LCSW and Elizabeth Dupont Spencer, LCSW-C for this jam-packed workshop, including real-life case examples and proven treatment techniques using CBT & ACT. Together, they will show you how to overcome self-defeating thoughts and dangerous behaviors to move client’s lives forward!
- Identify clues to pursue a diagnosis of BDD with a client.
- Describe the importance and role of pharmacotherapy in treating BDD.
- Implement at least 4 different CBT and ACT skills in treating a client with BDD
- Clues to BDD-the hidden disorder
- Assessment of BDD
- Pharmacotherapy for BDD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for BDD
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for BDD
- Cases Examples