MILICA MCDOWELL – FMT Geriatrics – Kinesiology Taping
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape with special patient populations like the elderly or children.
You don’t have to memorize percentages of stretch or direction of tape in order to get safe, effective results when taping special populations.
- Define and discuss geriatric population needs
- Define, discuss and consider concepts of myofascial chains as an approach to treatment for a multitude of aging conditions
- Discuss and communicate the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
- Critically analyze considerations of taping applications based on current research
- Compare and contrast functional taping applications for geriatric related postural, orthopedic, inflammatory and neurological conditions
- Justify fascial taping applications for applications of postural, orthopedic, inflammatory and neurological conditions