STEVEN CAPOBIANCO – FMT Movement Specialist – Conscious Movement Assessment
There is no ‘one size fits all’ to human movement, rather there are many ‘human shapes’ that can accomplish the same movement goals.
More important than stereotypic standards and measurements to ‘ideal’ movements we can provide a more COMPLETE strategy to movement screening by looking at the complete person, their environment and their unique ‘parts’.
- Define and compare conscious and subconscious movement evaluation and training strategies
- Define an d evaluate client psychological/personality traits that influence human movement
- Compare and contrast methods of brain-based (neurological) vs mechanical screening and assessments of ‘conscious’ movement
- Evaluate and justify the importance and utilization of midline (core) control in order to improve effectiveness and efficiency of ‘conscious’ movement
- Understand and discuss the use of digital motion analysis to objectively capture human movement
- Outline factors that contribute to effective movement performance
- Critique and demonstrate therapeutic movement tactics with compressional floss, foam rollers and exercise bands
- Evaluate and justify differences between neural vs. somatic restrictions (Brain vs. Tissue influences) on conscious human movement