Workplace Mental Health Competency Training: HR Strategies for Compliance, Safety, Productivity and Wellness – Suzi Sena
HR work suits you. You’re a people person, and you love helping others overcome the challenges they face. But substance abuse, aggression, depression and suicidality can be uncomfortable, even frightening topics to address with employees.
And while you may be well-versed in handling physical disability, mental health issues raise far different questions related to leaves, privacy, accommodation and discrimination.
Your company is counting on you, but you’re not sure you’re ready to handle complicated and uncomfortable mental health related issues when they arise.
This program will give you the tools and tactics you need to better respond to mental health issues in the workplace!
Watch and get concrete advice and action plans you can immediately implement to navigate challenges related to privacy and discrimination, prevent safety concerns, and reasonably accommodate employees so they can reach their greatest potential!
You’ll also learn how you can provide necessary leadership in reducing stigma and supporting employees through the mental health challenges they face and get answers to your most pressing questions regarding mental health in the workplace.
Better still, completion of this program through PESI, the world’s premier provider of mental health related continuing education, will let your employer and those you serve know that you have the competencies today’s HR professional needs. Sign up today!
- Assess how mental health issues can impact a workplace and an employee’s ability to function at work.
- Communicate obvious and not so obvious signs of mental health issues in employees.
- Establish how ADA, FMLA, and privacy rights relate to psychiatric disability.
- Characterize how to respond to a request for accommodation.
- Articulate how to respond with performance and conduct policies when a mental health concern is present.
- Specify how to start a culture of authenticity, wellness, and inclusivity in your workplace.
GET WORKPLACE MENTAL HEALTH COMPETENCY TRAINING: HR STRATEGIES FOR COMPLIANCE, SAFETY, PRODUCTIVITY AND WELLNESS OF AUTHOR SUZI SENA
Mental Health Issues Impacting the Workplace
- How mental health is impacting the workplace
- The main mental health challenges seen in the workplace
- Grief and depression
- Trauma, stress and anxiety
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Workplace violence and active shooters
- Self-harm and suicidality
Red Flags of Mental Health Issues All HR Professionals Should Know
- Behavioral and social changes
- Physical changes
- Less obvious warning signs
Legal and Privacy Considerations for Mental Health in the Workplace
- ADA/ADAA/FMLA legal considerations
- How to ask for medical documentation
- How to respond to a request for an accommodation
- HIPAA – What you need to know about protected health information
- How to approach the interviewing process when there are concerns about mental health
Strategies to Address Management Concerns Related to Mental Health
- How to work with employees who have alcohol or substance abuse issues
- How to select an Employee Assistance Program and how to refer employees
- How to apply performance and conduct policies
- Special considerations for employees who are experiencing grief, depression, self-harm, or suicidal ideation
- Educating supervisors and employees about discrimination and retaliation
- Assessing for danger and responding to critical incidences
Develop A Culture of Authenticity, Wellness and Inclusivity
- What does a happy and authentic culture look like and what are the benefits of this?
- Develop and deploy a listening and responsive strategy
- Tech solutions that help with employee mental health
- How to overcome mental health stigma in the workplace
- Ways to increase access to mental health benefits for your employees