WYOMING LEGAL & ETHICAL ISSUES FOR MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS – SUSAN LEWIS
In this recording, Susan Lewis, psychologist and attorney, will prepare you for litigation issues which can put your client, your license and your practice at risk. You will learn how to structure your practice to limit exposure of risk, as well as discover simple records, notes and actions that will protect you in the event of a complaint. Susan will provide you with the following take-home tools to minimize risk:
- Updates on HIPAA and Wyoming laws and regulations
- Risk management strategies
- How to avoid litigation dilemmas, complaints and malpractice actions
- Best practices in the professional relationship, informed consent and office policies
You will learn through problem-solving discussions that are representative of actual ethical decisions you encounter in your clinical practice. The blending of Susan’s experience as a lawyer, work within the court system and extensive clinical experience makes her a hands-on, knowledgeable instructor!
- Specify the best practices in the professional relationship; informed consent, office policies and Wyoming limits on confidentiality.
- Compile updates on HIPAA and Wyoming laws and regulations.
- Determine risk management strategies in clinical practice.
- Communicate how to avoid litigation dilemmas, licensing complaints and malpractice actions.
- Analyze the Wyoming legal system to better your understanding.
- Explore the differences for treatment of minors.
- Law vs. ethics
- Elements of legal informed consent
- Nuts and bolts of office policies
- Records vs. psychotherapy notes
- What to put in a record
- Limitations on confidentiality
- Wyoming case law & danger to others
- Wyoming duty to warn potential victims
- The latest updates you need to know
Practical Approach to Risk Management
- Elements of consent
- Competence & scope of practice
- Boundary violations/crossings
- Issues with modern technology
- Texting, cell phones, e-mail, video psychotherapy
- Perils of supervision
- Licensing complaints & malpractice lawsuits
- Wyoming specific statues
- Wyoming rules and regulations
- Case law and how to find it
Navigate the Legal System
- Roles of attorneys
- Subpoena & disclosure of confidential information
- Depositions, interrogatories, expert testimony
Treatment of Minors
- Wyoming age of majority
- Consent to treatment
- Separation & divorce
GET WYOMING LEGAL & ETHICAL ISSUES FOR MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS OF AUTHOR SUSAN LEWI
Tag: Wyoming Legal & Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Lewis Review. Wyoming Legal & Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Lewis download. Wyoming Legal & Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Lewis discount.