Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Applications for Anxiety and Depression – Sally King
- Understand the neuroscience behind these evidence-based therapies
- Improve client outcomes in treating mood disorders
- Discover specific tools for healing anxiety and depression
- Explain specific yoga practices & sequences to treat anxiety and depression
Recovery from anxiety and depression presents a formidable challenge for both clients and clinicians. Yoga and mindfulness facilitate clients’ movement through recovery and beyond – rewiring the brain to experience greater happiness. These tools encourage therapeutic presence and self-compassion, allowing for greater intimacy in the client/therapist relationship.
Yoga and mindfulness provides clients with new experiences for the mind and the body. Cumulatively, these experiences create an alternative view and new neural pathways supporting clients in responding to distressing experiences rather than reacting to them. Experienced practitioners and those new to yoga and meditation will benefit from this workshop.
Join Sally King, licensed clinical social worker and registered yoga trainer, for this informative recording and explore empirically supported approaches of yoga and mindfulness through lectures, small group work and gentle postures. You will learn brief, easily implemented, clinical interventions for regulating emotions, improving mood and cultivating positive thinking. In addition, you will review scientific evidence supporting these approaches in clear language designed to encourage and motivate clients. Learn why these practices are effective and how they work to treat anxiety and depression.
- Describe how yoga and mindfulness support recovery from anxiety and depression.
- Apply compassion and nonviolence as clinical interventions.
- Discuss strategies for relapse prevention.
- Demonstrate breathing practices to quiet the mind and impact mood.
- Implement interventions to encourage new neural pathways.
- Outline & understand related scientific support.
Integrating Empirically-Based Practices: Yoga and Mindfulness
- Core elements of yoga and mindfulness
- Effects on health and stress
- Neuroscience – how contemplative practices rewire the brain
- Day to day, moment to moment practice
- Yoga and mindfulness as clinical interventions
- Trauma informed Yoga Practices
Yoga and Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions for the Mind and the Emotions
- Compassion for self and others
- Non-violence – recognizing and changing negative self-talk
- Increasing positive emotions, decreasing negative impact of unpleasant emotions
- Tools for working with intense emotions
- Letting go of false identities; strengthening the ‘true self’
- Mindful decision making through values clarification
- Strategies for relapse prevention
- Poetry as bibliotherapy – deepening understanding, building self-compassion
Yoga: Clinical Interventions for the Physical Body
- Gentle yoga sequences for anxiety and depression
- Mantras for addressing anxiety and depression
- Breathing practices to support a good mood
- Breath and emotional regulation
- Deep relaxation to decrease insomnia and anxiety
- Cultivating the capacity to witness and concentrate – clinical applications
Clinical Skills, Therapist Renewal
- Yoga and mindfulness as self-care practices for clinicians
- Practitioner strategies for deepening and maintaining non-judgmental presence
- Language for seamless integration of strategies into health care sessions
Tag: Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Applications for Anxiety and Depression – Sally King Review. Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Applications for Anxiety and Depression – Sally King download. Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Applications for Anxiety and Depression – Sally King discount.