Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions for Anxiety, Depression and Trauma – Mary NurrieStearns
Yoga and mindfulness therapies generate health and happiness by incorporating principles of neuroscience, neuroplasticity, bi-directional body/mind communication and innate basic goodness. These evidence-based practices are proven to release trauma imprints, calm worried minds, soothe painful emotions, replace harmful thoughts, cultivate compassion, enhance concentration and teach the joys of present-moment awareness.
Watch Mary NurrieStearns to practice interventions that teach your clients how to:
- Regulate their emotions
- Relate to their thoughts
- Treat themselves and others kindly
- Focus on cultivating wellness
An expert presenter, Mary’s teaching style is light-hearted and relevant to your work. Infused with practical, clinical examples and practices that you try on for yourself, this recording focuses on how to integrate yoga and mindfulness as clinical resources in your day-to-day work. You will leave the recording with a deeper understanding and skill set to apply for yourself and your clients.
Don’t miss your chance to learn from Mary’s experience as an accomplished leader in Yoga Therapy.
- Teach simple yoga and mindfulness practices to your clients for better treatment outcomes.
- Incorporat breathing interventions/practices to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Evaluate body awareness techniques that stabilize the client’s emotions.
- Teach clients self-compassion techniques to help regulate their emotions.
- Develop processes for reducing rumination and negative thinking with your clients.
- Analyze the neuroscience of anxiety, trauma and depression and how it impacts your clinical work.
Neuroscience of the Mind-body Unity
- Neuroplasticity – making therapeutic changes
- Triune brain and emotional motivation systems
- Negativity bias of the brain
- Mindfulness for savoring goodness
- Epigenetics , social brain and psychoeducation
Mindfulness and Yoga as Evidence-Based Clinical Interventions
A Holistic, Mind/Body Approach
- Brain Processing
- Mindfulness is Relationship
- 2 Wings of Mindfulness
- Healing is Compassionate Relationship
Find Courage from Anxiety, Panic and Fear
- Turn from fearful anticipation of future to present moment
- Quickly reduce heightened anxiety with moving meditations
- Breathing to reduce flight/fight/freeze stress response
- Yoga practice for anxiety
Posttraumatic Growth: A Journey to Transform Trauma
- Stage 1 and stage 2 healing
- Emotional regulation skills
- Strengthen mind’s capacity to concentrate, observe and choose
- Approaching suffering in ways that heal
- Cultivate an inner sanctuary
- Healing shame and unworthiness
- Relating to the inner critic
- Nurture compassion for self to aid therapy goals
- Mantras for comfort
- Chanting and songs to calm body and enjoy present moment
- Yoga practice for emotional trauma
The Path from Depression
- Four step method to observe and detach from thoughts that elicit depression
- Develop nonjudgmental observing
- “Naming” thoughts – Leave thoughts of the past behind
- Ways to focus on present moment
- Yoga practice for depression
Tag: Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions for Anxiety, Depression and Trauma – Mary NurrieStearns Review. Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions for Anxiety, Depression and Trauma – Mary NurrieStearns download. Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions for Anxiety, Depression and Trauma – Mary NurrieStearns discount.